Cence was appointed by the Mitchells Plain Skills Centre NPC and Mitchells Plain Education Forum to implement a food garden project in Mitchells Plain.
- Identify 100 people to participate in the household food garden project;
- Identify and train 10 people as group leaders;
- Train the 100 candidates and 10 group leaders in the “Cence Agri Entrepreneurial Household Food Garden Programme”;
- Establish and maintain a sustainable food garden at 50 households;
- Promote community support for the project; and
- Mentor trainers, group leaders and participants for 6 months to assist them during the implementation of the programme.
This project was funded by the National Development Agency.