Cence signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Sinokuzenzela Community Development NPC and King Zwelonke Sigcawu from the Willowvale District in the Eastern Cape on 5 October 2013.
In terms of this agreement, Cence were to establish projects that would be able to offer the following opportunities in job and wealth creation for communities in the district:
- Education and Skills training for Farming Communities
- Development of a Shopping Centre (depending on sustainability)
- Establishing of Enabling Centres for Life Skills and Skills Training
- Schools Development programmes;
- IT Training
- Home Initiative gardens for food sustainability
- Open space for the placement of containers to house various initiative programmes such as a sewing workshop, crèche, mechanical workshop, day clinic, bakery, etc.